A local company with an international network, JTB Okinawa is working on organizing Okinawa karate and kobudo seminars in Okinawa starting this April. Some 16 4-days seminars are planned between April and October 2019. 4 seminars introducing the following systems will be available: Shōrin-ryū, Gōjū-ryū, Uechi-ryū and Kobudō. Instructors of the seminars will be provided by the ODKS.
Our center is not directly involved with the organization therefore, if interested, please contact directly the JTB branches for more information.
JTB Amsterdam email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JTB Spain email: email@example.com
JTB Budapest email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JTB Copenhagen email: email@example.com
JTB Stockholm email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JTB Oslo email: email@example.com
JTB Frankfurt email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JTB London email: email@example.com
JTB Italy email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JTB Moscow mail: email@example.com
JTB Praha mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
JTB Paris mail: email@example.com
Every saturday, NHK is broadcasting a news program titled “Weekly Maruwakari News”. During the show, the corner "Jimoto oshi!" introduces various regional topics.
January 27th to 28th, an NHK crew and reporter Egawa Sayuri in charge of the corner visited Okinawa and covered various topics on Okinawa Karate.
The coverage will be broadcasted Saturday, February 2nd, between AM 9: 00 - 9: 30.
The Okinawa Prefecture Karate promotion division is organizing a karate event in Naha Airport. The purpose is to further improve the recognition of Okinawa as the birthplace of karate among national and overseas visitors. Details are as follows.
- Dates: February 9 (Sat.) and February 10 (Sun.)
- Hours: 10 am - 6 pm
- Venue: Naha Airport welcome hall (A1 · A2 space)
- Contents: Okinawa karate demonstrations (30 minutes x 3 times per day) and Okinawa Karate VR Experience
- Organizer: Okinawa Prefecture
Sugar Train, a company that has in the past worked on several nonverbal shows as part of the "Tee! Tee! Tee! Project", will propose a new night entertainment program from this February.
The venue is the "Okinawa Kokusai Street TEE! Family Theater” located on the 3rd floor of the Ryukyu Kingdom Market. This mall is set on the grounds of the former Okinawa Mitsukoshi Department Store, on Kokusai Street, Naha City. The work to be performed is a karate theme non-verbal comedy show of about 60 minutes. Mr. Ide Yūichi, representative of Sugar Train appeals that it is a night entertainment suitable for both adults and children. Details are as follow.
- Place: Okinawa Kokusai Street TEE! Family Theater (2-2-30 Makishi, Naha City 3rd F. of Ryukyu Kingdom Market)
- Pre-opening: February 2 - February 28, 2019
- Grand Opening: March 1, 2019 ~
- Ticket release date: late January 2019 ~
- Ticket price: Adult 5,000 yen / Child 2,000 yen (All seats specified). During the February pre-opening season, entrance will be half price for adults and free of charge for children.
- Production Title: Comic Dojo TEE! Family
- Director: Kanaya Kaori
- Performing cooperation: Magician Cyril Takayama known as SERO
- Official website: https: //teefamily.jp
After each performance, a short demonstration of Okinawa karate is also scheduled.