Karate trial class
As part of its activities, the Okinawa Karate Information Center is now offering a “Karate trial class” program for non-practitioners. Instruction will be provided by instructors of the ODKS. The outline of the program is as follows.
- Time frame: 10 am – 6 pm
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Target audience: Beginners in martial arts, individual tourists and sightseeing groups
- Number of people: 1 or more
- Content of instruction: preparatory exercise, basic techniques of karate (blocks, thrusts and kicks), Fukyū-gata and application in pair, etc.
- Instruction fee: 1 person 2,000 yen / 2 persons 3,000 yen / 3~9 persons 1,000 yen per person / For more than 10 people, please contact us directly. (Tuition fee for up to SHS students is half price.)
- Venue: Okinawa Karate Kaikan (Please contact us beforehand if you wish to have the program held in a different facility. This program is not available outside of Okinawa Prefecture)
- Venue fee: the applicant must take in charge the space fee (160 yen for adults, 90 yen for children up to high school student and those over 65 years old)
- Registration: One day prior to the trial day.
Procedure for people taking a karate trial lesson
- Come to the Okinawa Karate Kaikan 30 minutes prior the class time.
- Rent a karate uniform (called a karategi) at the kaikan front office and change in the changing room. Rental fee is 1,000 yen for 2 hours per uniform. There are child and adult size uniforms available. You can also train in a regular sport wear outfit. In that case, please remove your socks.
- Do not wear any jewelry and watch during training as it could be a source of injury.
- You can take your belongings with you as there are racks in the training room.
- Buy a ticket at the machine located at the entrance of the training hall. Buy tickets for all training members and one for the instructor. 1 ticket is 90 yen for a child up to high school student and those over 65 years old, and 160 for an adult.
- Hand the tickets at the front office and fill the “Reception form” available at the front desk.
- Move to the training room and meet your instructor.
- Please hand the tuition fee directly to the instructor at the beginning of the lesson, in a plain white envelope.
- After the class, change and hand the karate uniform at the kaikan’s front office.