Karate trial class
As part of its activities, the Okinawa Karate Information Center is now offering a “Karate trial class” program for non-practitioners. Instruction will be provided by instructors of the ODKS. The outline of the program is as follows.
Please note that 7/27 (Sat) to 8/3 (Saturday), no class is possible due to the incapacity of securing a venue. Thank you for your understanding.
- Time : (1) 10 AM ~ (2) 2 PM ~ (3) 4 PM ~ (choose one of the 3 sessions)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Target audience: individual tourists and sightseeing groups with no martial art background
- Number of people: 1 or more
- Content of instruction: preparatory exercise, basic techniques of karate (blocks, thrusts and kicks), Fukyū-gata and application in pair, etc.
- Instruction fee: 1 person 2,000 yen / 2 persons 3,000 yen / 3~9 persons 1,000 yen per person / For more than 10 people, please contact us directly. (Tuition fee for up to SHS students is half price.)
- Venue: Okinawa Karate Kaikan (Please contact us beforehand if you wish to have the program held in a different facility. This program is not available outside of Okinawa Prefecture)
- Venue fee: applicants must take in charge the space rental fee (160 yen/adult, 90 yen/children up to high school student and those over 65 years old) + the fee for the instructor (160 yen).
- Registration: One day prior to the trial day.
- Note: this trial experience is limited to one time.
- Payment: the venue rental fee, tuition fee and uniform rental fee have to be paid in advance at the Okinawa Karate Information Center.
Procedure for people taking a karate trial lesson
- Come to the Information Center (inside the Karate Kaikan) 30 minutes prior the class time.
- If you wish to rent a karate uniform (called a karategi), let us know and we will provide the uniform. Then go change in the changing room. Rental fee is 1,000 yen for 2 hours per uniform. There are child and adult size uniforms available. You can also train in a regular sport wear outfit. In that case, please remove your socks.
- Do not wear any jewelry and watch during training as it could be a source of injury.
- You can take your belongings with you as there are racks in the training room.
- Move to the training room and meet your instructor.
- After the class, change and hand the karate uniform at the kaikan’s front office.