About our center
Date of establishment: May 1st, 2017
Project commissioner: Okinawa Prefecture Karate Promotion Division
Project manager: Okinawa Dento Karatedo Shinkokai
Supervisor / Center chief: Uehara Kunio (present Chief of secretariat of the Shinkokai)
Public relations: Miguel Da Luz
Cultural exchanges coordinator: Kinjo Mika
- Multilingual information diffusion and networking in relation to Okinawa karate
- Multilingual support in regards to all types of inquiries on Okinawa karate
- Coordination between dojo and instructors within the prefecture and national and international karate enthusiasts
Address: 854-1 Tomigusuku, Tomigusuku City Okinawa 901-0241 (within the Okinawa Karate Kaikan)
Business hours: all days AM 9:00-PM 17:00
Closed: every Wednesday, December 30th – January 3rd
Official website: www.okic.okinawa
Established in the birthplace of karate Okinawa, we are here to assist those interested in Okinawa karate and kobudo. Acting impartially, here are some things we can do.
- Answering inquiries regarding to Okinawa karate and kobudo
- Organizing training in Okinawa for individuals or groups in local dojo or seminars at the Okinawa Karate Kaikan and other facilities. Visit the page About training in Okinawa
- Supporting your needs by
– Finding accommodations, culture workshops and other types of services in Okinawa.
– Organizing a demonstration or a lecture.
– Organizing a karate historical sites tour in Okinawa. (More information available here)
– Supporting the realization of films, documentaries and reportage’s in relation with karate.
– Renting a karate uniform to train.
– Organize cultural activity trials (Tea ceremony, Japanese calligraphy, bullfighting “experience”, Okinawan cooking lessons, zazen, etc.)
→ Contact us through the contact form sending details on your project
Contact us for more information.
At the moment, our center’s members can handle the following languages: Japanese, English, French and Spanish.
Depending on requests, our bureau works with local companies to answer your needs.
If you have any inquiries regarding the above information, feel free to contact us for further details.
The photographs used on this website are credited to Okinawa Media Planning Co. Ltd., Daniel López and Akamine (Fujii) Chika.