One of our center’s main goals is to support people who wish to train in karate and kobudo in Okinawa. To do so, we have established a “training request system”. This allows people to train in local Okinawan dojo, at the Okinawa Karate Kaikan and other facilities in all security and fairness. However, this system is primary designed for people who have no connection with Okinawan dōjō, instructors and karate and kobudo organizations.
If you are a novice in karate but are interested in experiencing karate, please follow this link.
For international karate practitioners and martial artists who wish to train in Okinawa, please fill in the training request form.
If you are living in Okinawa, being either a student, a SOFA status or a US military personnel, or if you are living in Mainland Japan looking for an Okinawa karate kobudo dojo, please contact us and we will help you find a dojo in your surroundings.
About tuition fees
The tuition fees below are for reference. There might be some difference depending on dojo and instructors. One training session lasts approximately 90-120 minute.
Tuition fees are divided in 3 types: (a) Practice during a dojo regular training, (b) Personal tuition, (c) Seminar tuition
(a) Tuition during a dojo regular training
1 person, 1 training session participation: 3,000 yen (Tax included)
*The number of people that can be accepted differs depending on dojo.
(b) Personal tuition
Tuition out of regular dojo practices.
- Non-black belt holder applicant: 1 person, 1 training session: 3,000 yen (Tax included)
- Shodan (1st dan) up to Yodan (4th dan) black belt holder applicant: 1 person, 1 training session: 5,000 yen + training facility fee if required (Tax included)
- Godan (5th dan) and above rank holder applicant: 1 person, 1 training session: 8,000 yen + training facility fee if required (Tax included)
(c) Seminar tuition
For a seminar attended by 6 to 9 persons: 1 person, 1 time: 3,000 yen + training facility fee if required (Tax included)
For a seminar attended by 10 or more persons: 1 person, 1 time: 2,000 yen + training facility fee if required (Tax included)
- Considered training venues: local dojo, Okinawa Karate Kaikan, and other public facilities on Okinawa.
- For children up to university students, the tuition fees are 1/2 the fees mentioned above.
- Regarding all above tuition fees, discount may be available depending on the number of people attending.
- Until March 31st, 2022, the support regarding training arrangement is part of the Okinawa Prefecture project. Therefore it is available for free until this date. This might change after April 2022.
- Please apply at least two (2) weeks in advance for training or karate trial lesson at the dojo. Any walk-in requests or on-the-day reservations will not be accepted.